Most online games face the issue of people buying and selling accounts. Unfortunately, Vikings: War of Clans is no exception. In this article, we will tell you what can happen if a player decides to buy or sell a Vikings: War of Clans account.
Some users are not aware of all the risks related to such transactions. If you’re thinking of buying a Vikings: War of Clans account or selling your own, stop before it’s too late.
In Vikings: War of Clans, selling, buying, and transferring accounts are all prohibited
By registering for the Service, you agree to […] maintain and promptly update your Registration Data to ensure it is true, accurate, up to date, and complete. You are responsible for all activities that occur in your Account. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to notify Plarium immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security […] If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Plarium has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Plarium has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
Buying, selling, or transferring a Vikings: War of Clans game account will lead to the account being blocked
It’s crucially important for us to create safe, fair, and equal conditions for all players. That’s why we make sure that all participants of such deals bear responsibility. If the prospect of getting a ban doesn’t scare you, consider the other consequences.
Scammers are often behind the selling and transferring of accounts
Experience has shown that offers to sell, buy, or transfer an account are often related to various scams.
- You can pay but you won’t receive a new account.
- You can transfer money to the buyer, use the account for some time, and then lose access to it. The account data can be linked to Facebook, Google Play, and Game Center. Not all players treat this fact with due diligence and scammers capitalize on this. They give a buyer incomplete access to the account data, and after some time link the account to another service again.
- The account is sold to several people at once. It’s easy to figure out that it remains at the scammer’s disposal together with the money of the deceived buyers.
- The account is transferred to a new owner, but the buyer destroys most of the buildings or messes with the buyer in other ways. We have no idea what makes scammers tick.
- The buyer transfers money to the seller, takes the account, and then reclaims their money. Yes, sellers are also at risk.
- The perpetrators present themselves as Plarium employees. Our company doesn’t sell accounts. All communication with our players go through official profiles on social networks, the forum, and our support service.
Plarium won’t be able to help you
Sellers don’t provide info about an account’s reputation
The account you received could have been reported in the past, or we could suspect that third-party software was used on it. Even if you play fair and behave perfectly, the previous activity on the account could be yet another reason for blocking.
Account transfer can lead to a leak of personal data
Participants of account transfer deals exchange various information, for example, emails, telephone numbers, and payment details. Nobody can be sure how exactly the perpetrators will make use of this data. In the best case scenario, you will start receiving spam on your phone or mail. But there’s a chance that money will be stolen from your bank account, or you will be used as a front in criminal schemes.
How can I protect myself?
The only way to do this is not to make any suspect transactions. Are you dissatisfied with your current account for some reason? Don’t create a new one, and certainly don’t buy a new one! In this situation, we have several useful pieces of advice for you.
Do you have any questions or ideas? Write on the forum. Have you received an offer to buy or sell an account? Make sure to contact support. Together we’ll make Vikings: War of Clans even better and safer!